Veiled Threat (Highland Magic #3) by Helen Harper

Things just went craaazzyy

Warning: Spoilers ahead

Ok, many things happened in this book that I can’t seem to write without going “gaaahh”. This series is just one ride after another and you can only get off once you finished everything.

Let’s talk about the story. Let me just say that the story is reaching its boiling point (Duh! This is the penultimate book!). There are more magic, more demons, more adventure, and more danger. We finally see what happened to Integrity’s parents and it is just so sad and heartbreaking.

Integrity is just a strong character. I know I said this in my previous reviews but really, if I were in her shoes, I wouldn’t have been as optimistic as her (and still have time to make awful jokes). We get to know more about Tipsania in this book as well. And I am liking her character so far. Plus, after 2 books, Byron is finally opening his eyes! It must have been a shocker to find out your dad is this serial murderer/ultimate villain out to conquer the whole Highlands.


Overall, I felt that this book was laying down the groundwork for the next book. I feel that the next book will be intense, especially after what happened during the epilogue. Here’s to more action and magic! 

Comments