Honour bound (Highland Magic #2) by Helen Harper


Warning: spoilers ahead

I thoroughly enjoyed this more than Gifted Thief. I felt that this was more interesting because of the premise of the story as well as the character development that we see throughout the book.

It starts with where the last book left off: Integrity is now a mountain rescuer, enjoying her crime-less life. However, that is soon brought to an end when she discovers that the Sidhe Highland Games are going to start and she has decided that she’ll join because the winner gets a wish granted.

Let me just say that I loved Integrity throughout the whole book. She was already a strong character, but seeing her come into her own in terms of her lineage and her powers just made this book more special. It also helped that she was bad-ass but kind-hearted at the same time. I totally loved her pacifism and it shows that you don’t have to resort to violence to be bad-ass.

As in the first book, her whole gang was awesome as well. They totally have Integrity’s back, and even though they don’t agree with all the decisions that she made, they still support everything that she does (like a real family!).

And, as in the first book, the plot thickens. We see more of Aifric’s evil in this book, as well as some questions that are answered (and remain unanswered). I was really frustrated when only Integrity could see how evil he was but that just proves how good of a villain he is, and how the next books will be even more interesting.

The romance in this book was h o t. I'm a sucker for romance novels, so let me say that this book made the inner romantic in me super happy. I love the chase, and boy are they chasing away.


Overall, reading this book made me more excited to read the next books. I am just getting sucked into this world and I don’t want to come out anytime soon.

Comments